East Providence rolls out Rhode Island Rebounds Ventilation Program
EAST PROVIDENCE, RI – The City of East Providence has rolled out the Rhode Island Rebounds Ventilation Program.
The program is a statewide effort to improve indoor air quality in an effort to reduce the transmission rate of COVID-19 and support small businesses recovery. East Providence is one of several intermediaries executing the program.
With the Rebounds Ventilation Program, small businesses are eligible to receive up to $10,000 in reimbursement for eligible projects or purchases including:
- Purchasing and installing a higher-grade filter within an existing air handling unit
- Central HVAC installation, repair, or balancing
- HVAC UVGI system installation
- Adding a portable fan filter unit (PFFU)
- Adding an indoor air purifier
- Adding a window or windows to a small business
- Adding a ceiling fan, exhaust fan, or box fan to help distribute air
- Receipt of an indoor airflow and quality assessment