Seven days’ worth of children’s meals available on Wednesday, Feb. 17
During the week of February vacation, Providence Public School District will hold a meal distribution event on Wednesday, Feb. 17, that will include seven days’ worth of breakfasts, lunches and dinners for any children under the age of 18.
To better accommodate families, the school district, in coordination with Sodexo, has extended distribution hours to 11:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. at its eight Grab and Go Meal locations:
· Alan Shawn Feinstein Elementary School at 1450 Broad St.
· DelSesto Middle School at 152 Springfield St.
· Nathan Bishop Middle School at 101 Sessions St.
· Nathaniel Greene Middle School at 721 Chalkstone Ave.
· Gilbert Stuart Middle School at 188 Princeton Ave.
· Esek Hopkins Middle School at 480 Charles St.
· Roger Williams Middle School at 278 Thurbers Ave.
· Providence Career and Technical Academy/PCTA at 41 Fricker St.
Families of Providence Public School students can show proof of their students’ ID numbers in order to pick up food for their children without their children being present.
As multiple meals are distributed at one time, families should be prepared to carry large bundles of food.
The district will not be holding a second distribution on Friday of vacation week.