- Must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be a High School graduate or possess a General Education Diploma (GED).
- Must present a valid driver’s license.
- Must provide a certified copy of your driving record (no more than 60 days from the application period) from your state of residence.
- Must provide a certified copy of your Bureau of Criminal Identification (B.C.I.) report (no more than 60 days from the application period) from your state of residence.
- Must have a valid Rhode Island Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-Basic) License, EMT-Cardiac License, or Paramedic License. If you do not have one of the above RI licenses, you will need to have your National Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification pending a Rhode Island EMT-Basic License by the date of the Oral Interview.
- Must present a valid certificate of successful completion of the RI Association of Fire Chiefs Physical Performance Assessment (PPA).
- For specific questions about the testing process or to learn more about the Rhode Island Fire Chiefs Association go to: https://rifirechiefs.com/
The City of Pawtucket is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Minority and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the requirements, please contact the Personnel Office at 401-728-0500 ext. 235. Apply Today!