Five new positions at the Department of Housing are now available with several more to follow in the coming weeks.
PROVIDENCE – The Department of Housing is moving forward with new staffing approved in the recent FY24 budget, which allocated funding for twenty-one new full-time positions. Five postings are now listed at Apply.RI.Gov, the State of Rhode Island Job Board. Applications will be taken on a rolling basis.
“We are grateful to Governor Dan McKee and the General Assembly for investing in our team,” said Secretary of Housing Stefan Pryor. “We look forward to bringing on new team members who will help build our organizational capacity, enhancing our impact on the issues of housing affordability and homelessness in Rhode Island.”
The new positions cover a range of duties and responsibilities, with three focused on advancing the Department of Housing’s efforts to address homelessness in Rhode Island. Qualified applicants can submit resumés for the following positions:
- Chief Program Development – A position responsible for planning, research, and program development to ensure efficient and successful program implementation. An individual in this position will work to evaluate existing programs and develop plans for their expansion, modification, or elimination. This role will also involve identifying and evaluating properties to determine suitability for potential shelter services or housing development.
- Programming Services Officer – Program supervisor role working to frame the scope and shape the operation of homelessness programs funded by the Department of Housing. This position involves working closely with homeless service providers to provide technical assistance and funding oversight.
- Principal Planner – A position responsible for engaging with key stakeholders, property owners, and municipal leaders throughout the state to supervise and implement planning activities related to new housing initiatives. This role will include bringing forth ideas, recommendations, and timelines regarding collaborations at the state and local levels.
- Principal Housing Specialist – A role focused on homelessness programs, working as a member of a team to perform functions that facilitate the delivery of service. This role involves assisting service providers in their efforts to successfully implement various homelessness programs.
- Chief of Strategic Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation – A senior staff position charged with directing and organizing strategic planning efforts and coordinating the activities of the Department of Housing. This position will functionally serve as the Department’s Chief of Staff with duties to guide, supervise, and support staff and coordinate with other members of the leadership team.
Further job postings at the Department of Housing will be posted in the coming weeks, and interested applicants should continue to look to Apply.RI.gov for updates.